Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 13:20
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlee
oh. these people go on and on about how their meals are low carb yadda yadda. then they say that low carb programs encourage people NOT to eat their vegetables!! NOT SO!! every low carb diet under the sun says to eat your vegetables. i've read most of the books, and i know that's how it is. when will these folks get the idea?

on the other hand, their products ARE pretty tasty.

thanks guys. i had to vent!!

Sorry flynnlee but I went to the website and right on the entrance page the article states "discourage you from eating foods that are known to be good for you such as fruits and SOME vegetables" it didn't at all say people were encouraged not to eat their vegetables.

If you go further into the website for information on carbs - here is a sample of one of the Q and A's answered by the nutritionist at lean cuisine

Q: What are good carbs? What are bad carbs? James, Ohio

A: Good carbs are whole grains, cereals, crackers, peas, lentils, dried beans, fruits, and vegetables. These foods are complex carbohydrates that release energy into your body more slowly and over a longer period of time. Bad carbs are also known as simple carbs. They consist of sugary foods such as frosted cakes pies and donuts, table sugar, honey and syrups.