Thread: Psyllium Husks
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I took the husks for the first time last night and did not really know much about how much to take.... I think I took enough considering how much I have "gotten rid of" today. How can you have so much stored up? Sorry for being gross, but I was so constipated and I really was desparate to get moving so I drank two cups of some type of herbal tea made especially for getting you to "move". It was named after some Father/Herbalist but I can't remember the name. Tasted really good, like licorace. I would drink that every day to stay regular but it says on the box "for occasional constipation" so I don't know if it would be safe to use everyday. Anyway... back to the husks I also mixed two tbs in with my Keto this morning WOAH MAMA...!!! I am no longer constipated that is for sure. Do you think mixing it with cereal blocked my vitamin absorbtion from my vitamins and Keto? I was not aware of that effect. ooops!

As far as the taste goes it reminds me of when my kids were infants and had the Rice cereal, it is kind of that texture and doesn't have any taste like the Rice cereal too.