Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:11
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey
Do you really believe that fat people "have only themselves to blame"?

Absolutely not! I don't think people give credit to their bodies abilities to control their minds and habits. When I was eating high carb I had terrible promptings to eat frequently and eat high carb food. The more refined, the better. It took amazing amounts of will power to overrule the promptings of my body.

Now that I'm doing LC, I have none of this. I could sit down and eat a pint of LC ice cream. Why don't I do this while on LC? Why was it that I could rarely stop at a single serving on high carb? This is not a matter of lack of will power this is my body responding very differently to two different ways of eating.

Quote:
I kept putting junk in my mouth. I wasn't very active.

This is I think the mistake most people make. They assume that the reason they put junk in their mouth was that they were weak willed. I no longer think that. I think it is because your insulin response and glucose surges and drops made you WANT to put junk in your mouth so you could feel better. Because being low blood sugar feels like crap. There was a physical response going on in your body. People assume they have total control over their bodies and eating but I think our bodies guide us in subtle ways that are hard to overrule.

There may also be a connection with eating carbs and certain very soothing brain chemicals being released. It's like a drug addiction, but on such a subtle level that few people recognize it as such.

Anyway, it is interesting to me how I no longer have these urges or cravings for high carb stuff.