View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 21:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Oh please don't make me start all over...I'm so close to being allowed to eat nuts! LOL! This is BY FAR the most strict I have been since I was in HS and drank a diet pop for lunch and ate next to nothing.

Well, I think that part of my "problem" is that I am nursing 2 kids. They are not "full time" anymore...one is 11 months and the other is 5 months old. That is draining (pun intended!). They really only nurse in the AM and late PM...maybe once in the afternoon as the older one is eating finger foods and baby food along w/ her bottle and the littlest one enjoys her bottle and rice cereal. I saw nothing harmful in the Atkins plan to nursing my daughters. Plus, having 3 kids (one who we are in the process of adopting...just to explain the math and put you who were trying to figure it out of your misery) can add a touch of stress...actually, it is the adoption stuff that is the most stressful. And when you stress...you want snacks.

Well, tonight, I ate NO SNACKS after dinner! GO ME! I also did some exercise in front of the TV while watching a PBS special on weight loss programs. The people who had gastric by-pass and the woman who did the Zone (low carb) lost the most by far...the Atkins guy went on a bender of pasta, pizza, and bread then dropped out! I am drinking my water and being so careful. It is confusing to me becasue I wrote Atkins an email asking about cocoa etc during induction and they basically replied with a sales pitch for their brand products...not really answering my question or addressing induction at all, but by replying the way they did it inferred that eating that stuff (cocoa, SF choco syrup, etc) was OK. I found it confusing at best. So, I am DESPERATELY trying to avoid the ice cream till I'm officially out of induction. Also, about the SF jello...they are made w/ the dreaded aspertame. Why can we eat aspertame in jello, but not in pop or other foods? I cannot find jello made with anything other than aspertame...unless I make it from unflavored gelatin...but how do you flavor it? The recipe says with JUICE...which we can't have. Is there some SF jello making secret???

Thanks again for your advice and suggestions! I WANT NUTS! Are Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts ok? How many are a serving (not weight...#). I have almonds and pecans too that I am saving....bought on sale! Again, how many are a serving? What is the carb count on them? THANKS! LOVE THIS SITE!!!