#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 20:08
Carb Nazi

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

ME2BETHIN!

A little tough love here but... YOU ARE DOING IT ALL WRONG! The first two weeks does not allow for the imitation sweets and you are torturing yourself. My suggestion is to START OVER on induction, go two weeks eating only the foods allowed as described in Atkins, which is basically meat, eggs, cheese and a small salad each day. After two weeks, your appetite will be reduced and the cravings for sweets will be minimized.
Even after six months I am EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS of eating the low carb ice-cream, atkins candy bars, etc. There is great debate as to whether NET CARBS really mean anything, and I for one can kick myself out of ketosis very quickly by eating a low "net" carb snack like ice cream or the candy bar.
After induction, you can find something you truly enjoy and use those as a snack and it will be very rewarding. I keep a jar of peanuts in the cupboard and grab a small handful when I just want something to munch on. When I get a craving for something "sweet" I will eat a sugar-free jello with whipped cream. Ice Cream and Candy Bars are not in my vocabulary anymore. Its as if they don't exist and I don't miss them.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ADVENTURE! Its worth it! MAD
Sponsored Links