View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:31
OOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

Plan: High Fat/IF
Stats: 215/170/160 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:27%/12%/8%
Progress: 82%

'The UN's World Health Organization has launched an international campaign to cut consumption of refined sugar, which it says is the principal culprit in the current epidemic of obesity and its associated diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular disorders.

Americans, who comprise only 5% of the world's population, account for a whopping 33% of total global sugar consumption - over 10 million tons annually.'

What a sobering statistic...
But Hey! I thought that that pesky saturated fat was the culprit in the obesity and health crisis!
All my fat neighbors are munching away on fat pork, fat cheese, raw cream, and eggs, and NOT on fruit loops, chips, krispy kreme donuts, coke and pasta...
(That's an attempt to be ironic...)

'Incredibly, the Bush administration is strongly opposing the WHO's campaign to limit sugar intake to 10% of total caloric consumption. President George Bush seems to think lots of sugar is just dandy.

Critics of Bush see this as yet another example of the radical, far-right ideology of his administration, which seems never to have seen a tree it did not want to cut down, an animal it did not want to shoot, or a park it did not want to pave.'

The truth hurts...

As I was reading, I was thinking 'Great article!' until the last couple of paragraphs with that nonsense about saturated fats...
But still, great job at showing Bush and his crew for what they really are! These people are mind numbing.
I said it earlier, but read Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation. It's an eye-opener!