View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:31

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hello, all! Hi, Judy! You'll like it here. Lots of personal hand-holding and guidance, but no strict rules. We encourage everyone to find what works best for them.

Well, tomorrow is the big day -- my appointment with a new hairstylist. For those of you who are new, I've been stressing over leaving my old stylist of 10 years for someone new. My newest stress is that my hair has looked amazing for about the past two weeks! I guess it finally got to the length where it's flattering my features better. Even if I make no changes to the style, it still needs to be shaped up here and there. It's been about 8 weeks since my last cut, and when you wear your hair as short as mine (see pic to the left), 8 weeks is a long time.

Also for the new people, I have tweaked in a significant way. For quite a long time, I was averaging these numbers:
Calories: 1428
Fat: 77 grams (48%)
Carbs/ECC: 54/44 grams (14%)
Protein: 118 grams (44%)
Since around mid-month, I'm averaging these numbers:
Calories: 1354
Fat: 98 grams (67%)
Carbs/ECC: 24/16 grams (5%)
Protein: 90 grams (27%)
Some days are little higher in calories, some days are a little lower in calories, but I'm trying to keep the percentages pretty close to this.

I decided to do this because I had been stuck between 165 and 170 for about a year now (not that I've always eaten on plan). I went back through my old Fitday records, and found that these were the numbers I was averaging when I first got down to 152 in 2002. Higher fat, lower carbs, about the same protein (always the minimum, based on PP recommendations).

I've had a bad couple of weeks (check the threads, if you're interested), but am now back on track emotionally. I should be seeing results soon.

Elaine, how stupid of me! I never thought to test the accuracy of my bathroom scale by weighing a dumbbell. I'm gonna go right upstairs and try it. I'll try a couple weights, just to be sure.

How are things going with you, Orang? Any better? Has that list you sent me dwindled at all?