View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 00:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

Budo, this needs to be dedication to making yourselves healthy. If you want to continue to eat the foods that made you unhealthy then this plan is not for you.

In regards to cutting fruits and breads forever, I thought you read the book twice. Nowhere does it say you will cut these foods off forever. They can be reintroduced slowly after the two-week induction. You need to commit yourselves to the two weeks though. And maybe I read your post wrong but Atkins is all about the veggies. Following this plan for over 1 year I have eaten more veggies than in my previous 36 years combined.

As far as plans go, perhaps you might take a look at the South Beach Diet (SBD) or the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (CAD). Both are more liberal than Atkins. CAD even allows a Reward Meal which permits you to eat some of your favorite foods.

I didn't think I would ever stick to the Atkins plan. But after 125lbs and more importantly, regaining my HEALTH, I can't imagine not following Atkins anymore. This has truly become a Way of Life, not just a diet.

Good Luck to both of you!!

OG

p.s. there are a lot of Low Carb snacks on the market that you can have after the two week induction that will satisfy a sweet tooth.