View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 18:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool What the...? How do you test your scale?

I just got back from the Dr. this afternoon. And, as usual, they wanted to weigh me. I looked at the NP and told her "Well, I weighed myself this morning if you want to use those numbers." She had me get on her scale anyway and while she was fiddling around with the numbers (beginning with the 150 range - I wish!!), I told her that she should start around 250 (I had weighed 249 yesterday and 252 this morning - as I had been for weeks now).

She tried 250 and the needle fell sharply down. So, she moved the big weight to 200 and she figured it ended up somewhere around 235 (it kept wiggling). I told her, "I want YOUR scale!"

Now, in my Dr office experience, their scales always measure about 5-10 pounds higher than mine, plus I have shoes and clothes on!

I'm not doing the happy dance YET (my mini-goal is to get to 233, which is 100 pounds less than my heaviest), as I want to make sure that my scale is really that off and that the Dr's is really that on!

Now, I know I can test my scale by maybe stacking cans on top of each other to try to see how accurate it is, but will it chnge once it gets to more weight? Has anyone else tried to test their scale this way? Had success?
Sponsored Links