#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 17:03
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Where's the H2O

Congrats on starting. First off.....How much water are you drinking, I didn't see you list water intake. That's critical in my opinion. Also I would like to say that because you don't have that much to lose, the loss may be slow but don't let that discourage you, persistence does it. First off, you have to see if those diet drinks or coffee is affecting your loss. Try to limit your intake of diet coke, instead of 2, have 1. I myself have still not given up caffeine(which some people think hinders/stalls their loss) but everyone's body is different. You are to eat until satisfied not stuffed. So I'd watch it on that. Other vegetables, aside from the salad vegetables are allowed and you should have one cup of those. (see the acceptable food list) There's so many recipes and things that you can eat that will fill you up. A Low carb tortilla with your roast beef probably would have allowed you to eat less of it. They say you can have one per day on induction. La Tortilla factory is the best. Try getting some green beans, spinach, broccoli, etc. in your diet. Stay away from the Atkins products right now.(candy, ice cream, etc) Once again.....get that water in...! Overall though, it looks like you are on the right track. Hope this helps. I've done it about 3 weeks now(for real) and I've lost about 7pds. My loss is being noticed already so I don't feel too bad. A word of advice.....Change your mindset.....don't get discouraged if you don't drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks. It's really not about a quick fix, this is a lifestyle change.