1/4 cup oats, rolled (raw)
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Add spices to taste. Recommend dehydrated onion flakes, cayenne pepper, garlic powder or whatever sounds good. -- finely chopped

Preheat oven to 400° F.

Put all the dry ingredients together and mix them well. I recommend a food processor. Add in the coconut oil and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Slowly add just enough water so that a ball is formed, but don't let it get too wet. If it does get overly sodden, add more wheat.

Recommend baking on a non-stick surface or parchment paper. I roll the crackers very thin, 1/4" or less. Use a pizza wheel to cut them. You don't need to separate them. I sometimes just roll them out right on the pan or sheet I'm cookign them on and then pop them into the oven. Sprinkle lightly with salt and press the salt into the top of the crackers with your rolling pin.

Bake for 12 minutes and check them. They should be dry and golden brown. If not, turn the pan around in the oven to equalize the baking and check again every four minutes until they're nice and dry and crunchy. Last time it took me around 16-20 minutes to get them to that stage.

If you find they're not quite as crunchy as you want. Put them onto a sheet and back them for 10 min or more at 300 degrees until they reach desired crispness.

Description:
"Version 2"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 21 Calories; 1g Fat (61.2% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 34mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : If you don't have Wheat Protein Isolate use Wheat Gluten.

I think you can use 1 cup of a highly glutenous wheat flour to give it stick-togetherness, then use a cup of another mixture of flours to make the crackers a little less tough.

Use butter or some other oil in place of coconut oil if you want.

I use flaxseed meal because it contains lots of omega-3 fatty acids and there might be some nutritional and weightloss benefits to using coconut oil, but the claims seems pretty wild and their doesn't seem to be a lot of substantiation yet.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0