View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 14:20
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm having great luck with these crackers now. I modified it again. Coconut Oil is just 1/4 cup now (down from 1/3). I dribble in water until the dough just forms a ball (in the food processor). Actually, this time I used some coconut milk instead of water because I had some I needed to use up.

Then I roll them out either right on the baking sheet or my Silipat gizmo. I like them thin, like 1/4" or less. I used a pizza cutter to cut them. I didn't separate them or anything. Just stuck it right into the oven.

I think 8 min is not nearly long enough in my oven on 400. It ended up being closer to 16 min. But I was checking them every 4 min or so.

Basically I use one cup of WPI and one cup of coarse flours, like flax meal, almond meal, oat flour. I decided to stop using soy any longer because of concerns I have about it. And besides, it just doesn't taste good.

My batch I did today are light, very crunchy. Unfortunately I forgot to salt them so they're a little on the plain side. I did throw in some celery seed, parmesean and other spices though, so it isn't a total loss!