View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 13:58
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I can't afford to try jennie creg, or weight watchers for that matter. Not only do you have to pay for them to tell you what to eat, you then have to buy the food, often thier products which aren't cheap.

With Atkins I first read the web site. Besides any related isp costs (which could be elivated by using a library or other public computer) there was no cost. I then spent $6 on the book. I still have to buy my own food, but I don't have to pay a monthly fee, or a per pound fee. I've since then bought alot more LC books, cookbooks and some occasional LC products, but overall those were my choices and it was still much cheaper then a plan.

Quote:
She said she believed low-carbing "was bad for the heart",

Why? How is eating alot of veggies, protien, and later fruits bad for the heart. Isn't eating very high level sof sodium often found in the prepackeged meals much worse. Not to mention many of them contain hydroginated fats which have been proven to be bad for the heart? I relize you can follow weight watchers by eating whole food,s and probably the same with Jennie Creig. Using the prepackeged and ocnvience foods as a regular way of eating is bad on any plan though, even LC ones.