View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 12:20

Plan: Atkins OWL 30g
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 66"
BF:?/18%/15%
Progress: 60%

I've done Jenny Craig -- twice! The first time I was in my late 20s and I just wanted to be a size 4 (can you believe it?). I was already at a fairly healthy 138, but I told the "counselor" there that I wanted to lose 20 lb., and she didn't bat an eyelash, despite the fact that I'm 5'6" tall. For all she cared, I could have told her I wanted to lose 30 lb. -- that means I would have stayed on the program longer.

I DID lose the weight and reach goal, but I didn't keep it off for long. Once I got off the packaged foods and had to start eating normally again, I just couldn't stick to the caloric restrictions for the weight I wanted to be. I was too hungry. I now realize that weighing 118 lb. at my height, with my build, is too little for me. I liked the feeling of being really thin, but all I did was obsess about food all day (or how little of it I was eating).

The second time I went on it I was trying to lose weight after having my second baby. Again, I lost the weight, going from about 145 to 130. By that time, however, I was fed up with low fat, low calorie diets. The weight came back, plus more.

This December I started Atkins at 150 lb. I've lost 10 lb so far and my goal is to get to a healthy 125. I'm not interested in doing it fast, I'm just taking my time. Atkins is 100 times more satisfying than Jenny Craig! Atkins is a WOE and Jenny Craig is a short term fix. Also, the JC plan is expensive, the portion sizes are too small, and the food does not taste good -- sodium and sugar are not limited in any significant sense. I'm a lifetime member of JC but as far as I'm concerned someone can have my membership! I'm sticking with Atkins.