View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 22:16
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm with you Nancy. I am grateful for the low carb products, when used responsibly they make the diet much more enjoyable. I really don't like the term "frankenfoods", it implies that you've creates some "monster food" that is destructive, it has a will of its own. It removes personal responsibility from the equation. If you have a problem moderating your behavior around some food, I don't see how thats the foods fault .

Yea, when I first taste something really yummy I have the urge to eat a lot of it. But you know what? I don't call food that tastes good "frankenfood" and blame it for making me want to eat it all. I just take responsibility for my actions and eat reasonable portions. After I get accustomed to the food, that feeling like you have to binge on it goes away.

Anyway I just don't like the term frankenfood... putting the blame on food and not ourselves seems a little foolish to me, and ultimately undermines your transition into healthy eating habits. The food didn't make you eat it.