#9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 16:05
Phoenixa

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Hi KEdgar!

The Atkins main book covering the diet was first published in the late 70's, I think (don't quote me on that, I don't remember the exact year.) It's been revised and updated a couple of times throughout the years, as new research has been incorporated into the LC thinking. It's just the latest edition of DANDR (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution) that came out in Britain 2003 (and in the US in 2002.) It wasn't a "new" book.

You might also find it interesting to surf around a bit on this board, read the tips for newbies in this newbie section etc. There is a section called "Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch" that might interest you as well. If your main picture of LowCarb/Atkins type diets is built from what you've read in media, then I do strongly recommend you to look into the facts about this WOE a tad closer. (Since 99% of what I've seen in media is pure rubbish, misconceptions and twists, vegan lobbying disguised as "medical advice" etc written by lazy journalists who haven't done their job source-searching properly.)

Cheers!
/gil