Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl
Are you sure about the costing? I'll have to redo the math on the cents/protein gram; I've been working on the notion that the cost was higher, but I've gone by cost/total wgt (and the Dynawhey wins that one).
Compared to Interactive, I would say yes, compared to DynaWhey, no. DW is definitely cheaper, but tastes awful in my opinion, very fake chocolate-banana taste that kept "repeating" on me hours later. No choice for vanilla or plain, which I prefer. The Interacive Whey, both vanilla and natural, are delicious. If I recall correctly, $42.99 for a canister yielding 25 portions of 32 grams protein each.(I could be off a gram or two!!) Comparable in my mind is give or take a few cents. Most of these shakes still rack up close to $2.00 per serving of 30 grams of protein. And you have to provide your own "liquid". I only intend to use it a couple of times a week as a protein snack or quick breakfast replacement.
Quote:
Also, I have reservations about the accuracy of the carb count, because I'm positive I spotted fructose as a sweetener. Further, I found the label almost misleading in its vagueness/format, and rather difficult to determine the ingredients and nutrient info. Hmmmmmm. Has the label been 'reformulated', I wonder? ]
Well, you've got it right about vagueness. And I could NOT find a website for either the product OR the company nu-life. I'm not particularly interested in the "thermogenic" effect, being a born-again skeptic I doubt it has any effect anyway, given the small amount in the product. And there are no directions on the container for how often to use... etc.......

As for the carb count, I think in fact that 1 carb is correct. Yes, it is sweetened with fructose, one gram of it, which makes up the entire carb content.

here's the breakdown : 60 calories / 12 gm protein (48 cal)/ 1 gm fat (9 cal) / 1 gm carb (4 cal) which adds up to 61 calories, but I think they rounded UP the fat grams. I'm just happy they didn't use aspartame. It also contains glucose polymer, which I looked up - it's more filler and fiber than anything, not absorbed and non-caloric.

Thanks for making me think, just sorry it's so darn late at nite... .. take care,

Doreen