View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 23:20
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

[QUOTE=KoKo]After trying this diet (Atkins) for 5 or 6 weeks,without impressive results I am quitting it, for me its been a waste of time. [QUOTE]

Plan: BFL/BFL
Stats: 143.5/134.5/120
BF:37%/25.%/19%

Losing almost half your weight you want to lose in 6 weeks is a total waste?

Perhaps you are young and still believe there is some magic weight pill or diet that can instantly transform you into a willowy super-model. I know I have been looking for that instant cure for about 25 years and haven't found it yet. I personally don't think any researchers should be allowed a vacation until they discover it and mass market it.

But the best thing I feel I can do is a a very slow, gradual weight loss and also eat in a way I feel is healthy and will adopt for the rest of my life. How can that be a waste of time? What is the alternative? Gaining 5 pounds a year on a high carb diet most likely.

You will most likely be in an endless loop of dieting and gaining unless you approach it with lots and lots of patience for your body that is programmed for survival and doesn't want to let go of fat. And understand and fight the rebellious portion of your brain that doesn't want to let go of comfortable old habits and adjust to things that are new and different.

Sadly though I can't take those last 25 years of my dieting experience and give you the result of my frustration and knowledge; that in the end there is no magic pill and no instant results. Its just grit and dogged stubborness that will see you through to success.