View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 17:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/180 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:
Default One week down--starting to feel OK

My first post here, and I'm just finishing my first week of induction (have been reading a lot).
I weighed myself at the gym yesterday (no scale at home) and I've lost about 5-6 pounds so far.
Had a very hard time the first few days, very head-achy, tired, groggy, even nauseous some of the time. Part of the problem was that I was on a schedule of back-to-back interviews for five hours a day at work, with no lunch break scheduled. So that, combined with my own lack of knowledge about how much food how often I need at this stage, caused me to go too long without eating several times. I just wouldn't feel all that hungry, so I would let it go a couple of hours, and by that time I felt like I might pass out.

Then on about my fourth or fifth day I seemed to really stabilize. I felt pretty good most of the time, and really have ever since.

My wife is reporting that my breath smells "like alcohol" ever since the second day. She also says that I've just about stopped snoring (which was a major problem--being tired of sleeping on the couch was one of my main motivations for losing weight) since the second day.

I'm trying to really stick to induction in every way, except that I'm drinking coffee. But other than that I'm being really careful, and it seems to be working.

I rewarded myself on my fifth night with a big sashimi feast (one of my favorites). I didn't have any of the rolls, so no rice, just lots and lots of fish. From looking at the carb counter, it seems that soy sauce and wasabi (in the small quantities I use) don't present any carb problem. I also ordered beef negimaki (without the teriyaki sauce--just beef and scallion) which was delicious. An expensive feast...and I really should have ordered more!

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong area--it's a little rambling and maybe should be a journal? But I feel very grateful for all the excellent info I've gotten just by reading in here...so now I'm "active," too!
Sponsored Links