#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/245/140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress:
Question Newbie w/o a lot of time!

Hello everyone!

I'm going to be trying the Atkins diet. As soon as I have the money to get the book..lol
Im a single mom of 2 little girls ages 3 and 9 . I work full time so there really isnt a lot of time in my day. By the time I get home im rushing like a looney to get my kids fed and maybe have an hour after to my self before i go to bed. (we all go to bed pretty early i drive a school bus so we're all up by 5am!)

I was just wondering for right now if someone can give me a quick help untill I can get the book and know what im doing.

I've been eater better and exercising for about a month and a half now....I havn't lost a lot of weight but I've lost quite a few inches from exercise. Geez I dont think my body even knew what that was!! I do about a mile a day on the treadmill, and going to purchase a bike next week. I know this has nothing to do with the diet but I like the whole losing the inches thing too!!

So anyway not to babble anymore but can anyone out there just give me the induction basics. I know you have to start out with no more then 20g of carbs per day for 2 weeks. But I know there has to be more....What are the specific foods that I can definatly eat with no problems.....maybe there's a website somewhere that can tell me every food that has NO carbs and then some with low carbs......And do you have to do 20 per day? can you do less or none?

Oh wish i had some money for the book!!!!

Thank you this is a wonderful site ive been sneaking around reading it all day!
Lisa
Sponsored Links