Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 22:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Talking Thanks!!

Hi all...

Happy Friday to everyone!!

Thanks for all of the responses...I like reading what everyone else has experienced. I'm still cheat free, and I wanted to share what happened today at school...

First of all, there was the "payday" breakfast. Once a month, on payday, one department fixes breakfast for the rest of the teachers. Today, the social studies department put on quite a spread. I thanked them for fixing "Lori friendly" food as I walked past the French toast, pancakes, huge cinnamon rolls, bagels, and fruit. I headed instead for the pan of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham. It was soooo yummy, and I didn't regret not being able to eat the other things. Although, I have to say that the cinnamon rolls looked good, and extremely sweet. I got a toothache from just looking at them.

Later in the day, the coolest thing happened. I had been a little down because my scale hasn't really moved for a couple of days...well, another teacher came across the hall and told me that I'm shrinking in front of her eyes. Now, I've only lost 9.5 pounds, and I don't see a difference, but I guess she did. I almost hugged her...it was just what I needed to hear today! Another teacher mentioned that it looked like I've lost more than 9.5 pounds...another big smile from me. Finally, my manicurist said that she knew I'd lost weight because I didn't have to struggle to pull up my pant legs for my pedicure.

I don't know if it's right to feel this way, but I'm so proud of myself right now! I've stuck with this longer than I ever have, and I'm beginning to think that I will succeed this time. Of course, with new "bestest" friends like all of you cheering me on...I can't lose. Oh wait, I want to lose, don't I??

Thanks for letting me ramble on and on and on. My family gets a little bored with listening to me sometimes.

TTFN!!