View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-01, 22:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Compulsive munchies

I find reading this board with a cup of tea keeps me from eating when I'm bored/restless (sometimes, anyway); I can't eat when I'm typing!

I do tend to eat out of fatigue and stress; I suppose this could be called compulsive eating. I do it LESS now that I'm low-carbing, but the tendency's still there, maybe once or twice a week (which beats once or twice a DAY!). One thing that's worked for me is pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds in the shell. They take so long to eat that you can munch for ages and still get very few carbs or calories (if you count them; I do, since I'm getting close to goal and it's harder to lose, but many people don't).

Now this sounds pretty gross, but I've recently started wondering if drinking water out of one of those squeezy bottles (you know, the one with leakproof tops like dishsoap bottles, that you have to suck on?) would help. It seems to me that when I'm stressed, I don't necessarily want food as such, but what I'm craving is that ol' back-to-the-womb feeling - security. So maybe drinking a squeezy-bottle of water would do?

Next time I find myself wanting to munch compulsively, I'll see if it works!

Rachel