View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 14:41
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Dude, I didn't say anything about your intensity, or you at all. I don't know anything about you or how you exercise. You just posted some misconceptions about women and weight training and I just wanted to make sure it didn't send people down the wrong path.

If you are knowledgable about training as you state, you know you don't have to use maximum intensity ALL the time.....its call periodization

But if you NEVER train with full intensity and progressively overload the muscles, you will stay where you are now. In fact that answers one of your other questions. If you get to the point where you can say "yep, I'm happy with my muscularity" then you purposefully stop overloading and yes you lift the same amount of weight from there on.

Yes, doing some exercise at low intensity (you walking example) builds some muscle, but like I said your body adapts and when it can handle the load it stops growing. So you will NEVER see a Mr. Olympia who builds up championship wheels JUST through walking.

And yes, you need to change your workouts often. I change every month, but that has nothing to do with your post about women and training.

Advising a woman to train DIFFERENT from a man is just silly. What, does she only do 2 sets instead of three? Or not do certain exercises? Which ones? Thats just nuts. All humans respond to the same stimulus. Go on knowledgable websites like T-mag and see they have covered this subject ad nauseum.

But getting back to the subject, exercise is very important if you want to KEEP the weight off......