View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 09:46

Plan: No specific plan- just low carb intake
Stats: 276/245/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default New low-carber from Fargo, ND

Hello all. As I sit here writing this I am enjoying a very low carb breakfest of eggs and sausage. I started watching carbs about two weeks ago, not really following a plan, but just watching carbs. I try to limit the carbs to 20 grams, give or take a few. I realize that is what the Atkins diet suggests, but I allow myself to eat foods that are forbidden on that diet. I've tried Atkins before but after about 2 or 3 days I was craving carbs so badly that I'd give in and make a sandwhich. (Sandwhiches are my weakness....) I haven't had a piece of bread for two weeks though. This time it seems so much easier- I am eating low carb without even trying, and that is why i was SHOCKED when at my doctor appointment two days ago the scale read 245 pounds. I seriously had the nurse weigh me again, because I didn't believe it! The main reason I was shocked is because I don't feel like I am dieting. I eat 3 or 4 meals a day which is more than I ever used to eat- I generally ate twice a day, but carb loaded meals. Also so many grocery stores and restaraunts provide Atkins Friendly items that finding good food is no longer a problem. I solved my sandwhich problem by buying low carb tortillas. If i get a craving for bread, I throw some cheese and tuna on a tortilla and I'm good to go. I must thank all of you for helping with this. Shortly after the New Year I stumbled upon this site and read what many of you had written. It was so inspiring. I also picked up some good tips for following the low carb plan. One of my biggest concerns before starting this was money. I am a college student, therefore I have very little money! Having to buy meat can be expensive- there is no way I'd pay $5 for one serving of meat. I'm very cheap! But I've gotten around that. I buy thin cuts and usually get 2 portions for at most $2. And tuna is a godsend! haha. Well I've probably rambled on enough- I'm just so excited this is working. I look forward to making this journey with all of you. Good luck to everyone!
-Kaia
Sponsored Links