View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 01:10

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5 Feet 0 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Sha, I am sorry if I offended you in any way, that was not my intention. I was just wondering if they were on induction and thought that was not good is all. Sometimes my posts do not come across the way I mean them to so I should think in that same respect when reading. I have seen many posts where it was stated flat out children needed (whole) grains and milk so I was going on that. Like I said I have NO idea what children need or don't need.

I understand completely the way your daughter feels, as I was the same. I, too was never a big sugar eater (Pasta and rice were my mainstays) Although I wouldn't have passed it up...I never passed anything up. I wish I could have gotten a handle on my eating habits at her age, trust me, it would have saved TONS of heartache. It is definitely NOT easy being an overweight teen. I wish I KNEW about Atkins when I was that age. I tried everything and could never stick to anything, thus thinking I was an even BIGGER failure for not being able to stick to it.

So good for her for making that choice. And I know you cannot write down every aspect of your life on here, nor would you want to so I am sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just see (in my volunteer work) so many parents pushing their children in so many ways, basically stating they have to be perfect, an easy road to an eating disorder if you ask me. Anyways there is so much expected of girls nowadays and it hurts me to know that an 11 year old is crying herself to sleep because she is thought of as overweight. I just wish that would not have to be a worry in any childs mind. So sometimes it gets to me and again, I am very sorry if I said anything disrespectful, since you are only doing good for your child. I agree, a support forum is intended for positive vibes. Good luck.