#5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 16:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid
Subway indicated 19 gms carb and tested at 27 gms carb for their chicken wrap. 25 in their turkey wrap. I keep hearing 11 gms listed on the tv ads so not sure what's up here.

The wrap itself contains 16g of Carbs with 11g of Fiber for 5g Net Carbs. One thing about Subway is that they tend to make the reference [which they base their counts on] quantities for the toppings very small. For example, they list 1 tsp of Oil, but I easily get 1 Tbsp [or more] from most of the folks behind the counter. Lettuce is listed as 1/2 ounce, which is about in line with what I actually get. Cucumbers and Pickles, you usually get about twice the reference quantity. It is likely the same with other vegetables also.

Since there are 11g of Fiber in the Wrap, that would make it 11g Net + 11g Fiber = 22g Total. There may also be a gram or two of Fiber in the toppings. So, you figure its about 23g total carbs based on the reference quantities of toppings. If you choose toppings which are relatively high in carbs, its not unfeasible that the actual wrap [tested] may contain an extra 2-4g of Total Carbs.

All of that said, I've eaten 8 of those Wraps in the last 2 weeks and have had no trouble losing weight. In fact, my weight loss has actually increased somewhat...Though, that is probably just a coincidence.