View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 15:34

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Post what the brownies are like, etc

I think the only way to get them is online at mainecottagefoods.com. I have never seen them anywhere else, though I got the name of the company from a friend of my husbands who saw them in a specialty store in Maine.

They are sweetened with erythritol, which is why I like them. I don't have a pack with me at the time, but I think inulin is in them too and I heard that that may add to the sweet taste too. The carb count would vary depending on what kind of brownies you get (they really are made to order), but my basic dark chocolate minis are less than 3 grams carbs/serving of 2 minis which I think is about 3 ounces. Sorry I don't know the numbers more precisely.

I'm glad to hear you tried a mix that was awful. I just always blamed myself for bad results, and I have tried a lot of mixes (the original Atkins muffin mixes were good, but the new incarnation is only so so and not worth the higher carb count IMHO). It's why I decided to splurge and just eat dependably good stuff, but just less of it. It works out even on the pocketbook and is safer diet-wise too. Plus you can ask for the brownies to be made in a fancy dish, which is very impressive to bring to a party and pretend you made them.

I will check out the low carb Emporium brownies. Do you have a favorite kind?