Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

related article:

Atkins wife has beef with Mike

By DAVID SALTONSTALL
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/loc...4p-138079c.html

A day after Mayor Bloomberg called Dr. Robert Atkins "fat" and suggested his slip-and-fall death was "bull----," the widow of the famed diet guru was hoping for an apology.
Fat chance.

Instead, Bloomberg made light of his heavyweight putdown, which was picked up Tuesday by a TV microphone.

"Well, I would never criticize somebody else about their waistline," Bloomberg tried to joke yesterday. "Let me just say, you are what you eat."

That was a few pounds short of what widow Veronica Atkins and others close to the diet guru wanted to hear.

"Atkins is dead. I don't believe that bull---- that he dropped dead slipping on a sidewalk. Yeah, right," Bloomberg said while eating pasta Tuesday with firefighters in Brooklyn.

"The guy was fat - big guy - but heavy," added Bloomberg, noting that appetizers he once sampled at Atkins' house were "inedible."

The comments shocked many close to the Atkins Diet creator, including his widow.

"She is certainly hoping for an apology," said Richard Rothstein, a spokesman for Atkins Nutritionals Inc.

Bloomberg could have consulted his own Health Department for the cause of Atkins' demise.

A copy of the diet wizard's death certificate - posted on thesmokinggun.com Web site - listed the cause of death as "blunt impact injury of head."