#10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 05:13
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Can someone explain how you get that many carbs from these meals? I mean is that like a 2 pounds of broccoli? Or a pound of mushrooms? What are they putting in that creamed spinach? (and why can't they just serve it regular?). They are still missing the boat here.

I was wondering the same thing when I was there. The broccoli they list as only 1 net carb. I eat broccoli all the time and they served me about 2 cups of broccoli.

The creamed spinach on its own is listed as 7 or 9g carbs which seems like its normal creamed spinach I guess. I have never eaten it since I dont like creamed spinach and I am not sure how its made, but it seems on fitday creamed spinach has 9g net carbs so it makes sense.

Mushrooms are pretty carby too. I will use just a few mushrooms for my eggs in the morning and thats about 4g carbs right there. Then if they use garlic, onions, spices, cream or make a sauce all these things add carbs.

I also wonder sometimes how the carb counts get so high but I figure they are also trying to be safe rather than sorry.

If you dont have the fauxtatoes or the creamed spinach as a side and go for broccoli and pork rinds that will save you more than half the carbs right there.