View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 00:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'm new here and I'm sooo glad I found this site! Tomorrow, I finish my 1st week of induction. Frankly, I am sick of the eggs, meat, and cheese. This just doesn't feel like a "girl" diet...at least this section. I just want a nice bowl of cereal sometimes. Plus, this goes counter to the low-fat shopping, cooking, and eating I've been doing for years. Come on, REAL butter! Not a fat-free spray!?! And heavy whipping cream?!? I keep expecting to balloon up! Bought a scale and weighed myself on the evening of day 2. On that day, I was 140 (but I had been 143 after Christmas, but prior to the flu where I didn't eat much for a few days). It dropped to nearly 133 right a way, but stablized at about 135. I think I had lots of water at 1st (or a bad scale!?). Anyway, my clothes feel the same and I think I look the same. My rings are a bit looser. I measured, but d/h "put away" my ta[pe measure and lost it. He is on Atkins too. The past 2 days have been agony. Lots of stress and I wanted to stress-eat!!! Today I wanted to dive face first into a bag of spicy nacho doritos and follow it w/ a pan of chocolate chip brownies and milk. But I ate sausage and cheese instead. I'm eating more veggies than I ever have! Trying new recipes and new ways to cook. I'm going to try the mock French toast. Pork rinds? REALLY? Never had them.
Are pork rinds ok to eat as a crunchy snack? How about seasoned ones, in moderation of course???

Can we have any of the chocolate or controled carb ice cream yet if in Induction? I've been DYING for chocolate! I bought some on sale and had some with whipped cream and actually couldn't finish it, but boy was it great! Just knowing I have it and can have a taste is oddly soothing.

For a sweet, try pumpkin pie (no crust). You get your carb/veggie in the pumpkin and instead of "sweetened, condensed milk", use "evaporated milk" and add Splenda. Tastes JUST like real pumpkin pie. Cover in whipped cream and you are set!!!
Sponsored Links