View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 20:05

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that average is 10% of the amount you need to lose during induction (or about 3 pounds in your case), then 5% per month after that. Keep in mind, though, that those are just averages which means that some will lose more and some will lose less.
There are a whole host of factors that will determine the rate at which you lose weight such as age, gender, past dieting history, level of metabolism, level of excercise/daily activity, etc... (BTW, excercise is never a bad idea to help keep your weight loss moving along... )
If it makes you feel better, right now my average is about 4 pounds per month which is still in the range of 10% of what I still need to lose.
Low carb, contrary to popular perception, is not a speed method of losing weight. It's a healthy, sustainable method of losing weight that teaches you healthy eating habits and helps you learn what your body can and can't handle as far as carbs goes so that you can keep that weight off for a lifetime once you do reach your goal weight.
Considering that you started out wanting to lose 32 pounds, losing 5 in 3 weeks is really not slow and doing very well. I'm not sure if it's completely realistic to expect to lose the entire amount in 5 months' time. Unfortunately, only time will tell that.