View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 18:21
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

[QUOTE=Sherrielee]Dina - Comparing cities and states are like comparing strawberries and bananas. BTW, I believe the Aol News on State Statistics was per capita. (Do you know what that means?)
Quote:
this was exactly my point, there are so many other factors to consider when comparing what is spent on obesity. and yes, i know what "per capita" means, and I quote:
California spends the most on health care for the obese, $7.7 billion, and Wyoming spends the least, $87 million.i don't think it's "per capita".

[quote] There is a large Hispanic population out there that is obese as a result of eating Western Food...many Diabetics.

this is what i can't tolerate the most, when whole nations, counries ot nationalities are being blamed. given that a lot of them simply have no access to better and more expensive food, health care, education and such. i'm not concerned that my tax payer dollars will be spent on treating obese and diabetics, if it will help people to achieve better health, even better than spent on wars and such.

Quote:
You really want to "tangle" on this issue, don't you? Every wondered why? Sometimes it is quite enlightening to discover the reason behind the prejudice remember, I am from California....spent most of my life there...and love it with all it's flaws and wonders.

no, i don't, i thouhgt that this topic was closed. i like california and have nothing against other states too. personally i'd love to move to Hawaii, LOL. and it there was nothing prejudice in what i've posted before, just some statistics. and this applies especially to other nations and countries. there this is why i brought it up in a 1st place. don't want to go another round of this. this is not going to help us achieve better BGs for sure, LOL
cheers,
dina