BF:
Progress: 36%

Homemade Mayo

2 whole eggs
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp salt
2 T apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
2 cups oil (I use olive oil)
4 tbs whey (acquired from making yocheese)

Put everything together into a large mouth canning jar. Insert a hand-held stick blender to the bottom of the jar, starting on low, start the mayo, and slowly lift blender. After a couple of seconds, switch to high, and finish lifting blender to top, incorporating all the oil into the mayo. The whole procedure takes less than 20 seconds. You don't have to slowly drizzle the oil when you use the stick blender.

The whey is REALLY easy to acquire, it adds that little "zip" that you expect from real mayo. And again, I also use peanut oil instead of olive oil, but that's just personal preference.

To make whey--
Get a large tub of plain yogurt. Line a colender or strainer with cheesecloth or paper towels. pour the yogurt into the colender, then set the colender into a bowl to catch the whey. Put the whole contraption in the fridge and let sit until most of the moisture has drained from the yogurt.

BTW, the "yocheese" left over is also very good for you. You can use it as a substitute for cream cheese, and still get the acidophilus benefits of yogurt (with even less carbs!). The whey does add some negligible carbs to the mayo, so to be on the safe side, I'd count the standard 2 tbsp. serving as 1 carb.