View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 15:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I think it really depends on the person. I definitely eat if I'm hungry. But most time I was snacking just because I craved something, I was not truly hungry. After reading CAD I realized that the frequent eating was making my body produce more insulin which was feeding my cravings and also causing my body to hold on to my weight. It got to the point where I was constantly obsessed about when/what I would eat next. The most confusing part was, I was eating the same amounts as I had always been according to my Fitday numbers-- only the frequency of my meals had changed.

Going back to the 3 meals and cutting out all snacking did a world of good for me. Not only did I start losing weight again but I felt much better-- my energy level increased, etc. And according to Fitday I'm still eating around the same "numbers" each day.

We've always heard that 5-6 small meals a day is best but that may not necessarily be the case for a true carb addict as defined by CAD. Some people fare better on eating only 2-3 meals per day. I guess it all depends on the person and how their particular body produces insulin.