#9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 15:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

...As they say, jump right in!

One thing I noticed very soon after I started --two to three days max-- was that I felt SO MUCH BETTER on this way of eating. Heartburn went WAAAAY down. I didn't feel like an out-of-control eater. I didn't eat a whole meal anymore and think, "I need more." I didn't get so tired at 2 p.m. that I couldn't function. I ate when I felt hungry and stopped when I felt satisfied.

To me, that's well worth giving up bread. I can live without pizza crusts now that I see what they do to me.

One other thing. When I feel myself getting stressed ("oh NOOO! I ate 24 carb grams today!! The sky is about to fall in!") I like reading comments on this board like, "Remember, you have the rest of your life to eat well...if you didn't do as well as you wanted today, you can dust yourself off and there's always tomorrow." This is a big help. You'd think they'd encourage me to cheat, but no. Between the lack of insulin hunger and the knowledge that this is for the long haul, I feel calmer and better about this way of eating than any other way I've tried.

I'm in the fourth week, by the way, and I've lost 8.5 pounds.

Best wishes to you,
Nancy