View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 14:44
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

As far as I know no one really knows what causes them. But I've heard, from my dentist I think, that they can be lasered. For some reason, wounds in the mouth heal very quickly, but canker sores don't.

I've had them at various times in my life. I used to get them a lot around xmas time and my mom always blamed it on eating sweets. Heh! Funny thing, I grew up and stopped eating sweets and still got them. I've heard of people getting like a mouth full of them and it sounds horrible.

I've had a LOT of canker sores at once, and I once had on on my uvula (the little thing that hangs down in the back of your throat) ouch, that hurt.

Good luck! see someone about them!

Oh yes, I've found some kinds of gel are pretty good at stopping the pain and maybe help them heal. I think Orabase is what I use.

Another thing we used, I don't really know how effective it is, but a very warm mouth rinse made with sodium perborate. It was recommended to my parents by a pharmacist once.

Oh! I just googled cancker sores and this looks to be a good site: http://www.animated-teeth.com/canke...anker_sores.htm