View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 13:50

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 230/211/185 Male 6'3
BF:~19%
Progress: 42%

The reason I quit lifting weights was also to give my body a break from heavy sets. I don't know what type of lifts you do or what weights you lift at but i lift compound and isolation movements at very heavy reps which puts a lot of strain on my joints and cartalidge. The reason i take time of lifting when i diet is to give my body a chance to heal and rest from all of the heavy work i put it through. If i was simply lifting weights as a way of life and maintaining my muscle mass BFL might not be a bad option for me but BFL, CKD, and the atkins WOL are not viable options for a weightlifter who is looking to put on any substantial amount of mass or gain strength.

I think that what i am going to do is start back on induction but really make sure to eat a little more frequently and include some more of the simple veggies that i can eat. I'll do my same breakfast but include some veggies with my afternoon snack as well as with my dinner. Someone on here suggested to me to try celery with cream cheese so i may do that or even try celery with some natural peanut butter as a way to take in a few more carbs. As far as the fiber suppliment goes, i'm thinking maybe start with no fiber and then slowly add in a half a pill a day or something instead of moving from none to 2 pills a day?