View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 13:00

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

That is a shame that you don't like veggies because that is what keeps my bathroom visits regular. If I start to get bloatey and constipated I up my veggies, sometimes add a fiber supplement and everything seems to work out fine.
I am also doing a modified BFL. I don't don't lify my weights in the pyramid method, I use the same weight through-out each exercise. I do use the 12,10,8,6,12,12 for reps. On cardio I do use the pyramid method. I eat 5 times a day and eat 10 extra carbs on the meal before my workout and that seems to work for me. I would guess that I am eating between 25 and 40 carbs a day. I tried just eating 20 carbs on a workout day and I bonk, even on the treadmill.

Don't you think that if you stop lifting weights you weight will go down, but your body composition will be worse? When I first started this WOE I didn't workout at all, lost 9 lbs in 4 weeks but felt very flabby, I have always worked out whether it be just caridio, circuit classes, aerobics or working out at home. I gained 7 of the 9 back being semi off the program. In 2 weeks I have lost 4 of the 7. So I am up 3lbs from the original 9 I lost, but feel better than I did when I had lost 9. I hope this makes sense. It just doesn't make sense to me to quit lifting weights, you will have to start all over again. It makes more sense to me to just up your carbs to a decent level that you can lift.

Wee