View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:14

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 230/211/185 Male 6'3
BF:~19%
Progress: 42%

Aysiama:

My average daily diet would be something like eggs for breakfast (4 scrambled with olive oil or 3 with a couple pieces of bacon)

Lunch would be tuna with a table spoon of mayo and an egg fried (I call it the tuna pancake)
also for lunch I might half a half pound ground beef hamburger with a dab of ketchup and table spoon of mayo sometimes with either some Tillamook cheddar or some fresh water packed mozzarella

Dinner would either be BBQ chicken marinated in soy with some broccoli and cheese, I made the low carb chicken broccoli casserole a few times, or possibly a hamburger, red meat, or salmon/sea bass.

LadyBelle:

I have read Body for Life and am very familiar with the ckd (cyclical ketogenic diet). Unfortunately, it is my and many others belief that a ckd is not an effective mass building program for an active bodybuilder. In fact, it is very difficult to gain any muscle mass while lifting around a ckd because of the simple fact that you carb ups only allow you the ability to effectively lift for two days. Bodybuilders use the CKD as an effective "cutting" diet in order to drop body fat before a competition because of its muscle sparing properties but it is not effective for increasing muscle mass.

rodmick:

I am not actually lifting weights right now due to the fact that I have not been consuming any carbohydrates and lifting without proper carb stores will cause your body to become catabolic on its own muscle tissue as a source of energy. While I have been low carbing I have stopped lifting simple because I want to spare as much muscle mass as possible. I will resume lifting after I have reached my goal weight and am able to consume more carbohydrates.

asalvato:

Again, I am not actually lifting right now so I don't want to up my carbs to 60 with my current activity level. I will eventually raise my carbs up to 60+ after I have reached my goal weight.

Overall I would have thought that by the time I reached 210 from my original 260 that I would have been very happy but it seems like I have lost all the weight from my arms, legs, and upper body and the stubborn part that remains is my stomach. I want to punch through that and for the first time in 10 years I might be able to have some stomach definition.