Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliaGirl:

I agree.

And i shall say why.

I met my dear boyfriend and he is truly an angel - when i was very very very slim.

I gained alot weight over about 3 years.

Now he would never mention this to me - but when I asked him what he thought deep down - he said he preferred me slim - because i was happier slim.

and he also said he would never say it because - how could he help someone when - the help had to come within me - that he didnt want me slimming for him - it had to be for myself?

And he was right - he cant lose weight for me.

I think its important to be attractive to a partner. Attractive being subjective of course - a slim body may not be the main attraction - but prehaps confidence is.

I would sincerely ask him - and ask him to be 110% honest about it - what he feels.

Then remember - you can only lose weight for yourself not him.

Use him & his love as inspiration.

xxx

I agree with what you say, but in the context of Ellen-Mom's post, I was just pointing out the fact that she seems to be making a conscious decision to stop this wol. I think that is different than having health problems, gaining because of medication, or even unknowingly having an addiction problem to sugar.

I think it changes once we are educated to the benefits of this woe and then knowingly give it up.