#9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknife
WARNING: Male opinion ahead (or otherwise known as a kick in the ass)

I'm sure your husband married you for who you are and he loves you. But did you kind of make an implied promise to continue losing weight for the nine months leading up to the wedding? Was that the person your husband thought he was marrying? And now that you are married you are sort of changing into a different person. You are changing the promise you spoke of so often, and loudly, for the last nine months.

If your husband took up drinking tonight, starting going to bars and quit his job, would he then be a different person than you thought he was before you married him? Would you like the new and changed husband? Humm, just wondering....

Women so often speak of wanting men to love them for who they are, but how can we if you keep changing into other people.

In addition, this now gives your husband one freebie on taking back a promise he made during the last nine months simply because he no longer feels like following through.

I agree.

And i shall say why.

I met my dear boyfriend and he is truly an angel - when i was very very very slim.

I gained alot weight over about 3 years.

Now he would never mention this to me - but when I asked him what he thought deep down - he said he preferred me slim - because i was happier slim.

and he also said he would never say it because - how could he help someone when - the help had to come within me - that he didnt want me slimming for him - it had to be for myself?

And he was right - he cant lose weight for me.

I think its important to be attractive to a partner. Attractive being subjective of course - a slim body may not be the main attraction - but prehaps confidence is.

I would sincerely ask him - and ask him to be 110% honest about it - what he feels.

Then remember - you can only lose weight for yourself not him.

Use him & his love as inspiration.

xxx