#8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 07:30
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Quote:

The hardest part is I really have lost some of the edge I had for the past nine months. I don't know if I WANT to lose any more
WARNING: Male opinion ahead (or otherwise known as a kick in the ass)

I'm sure your husband married you for who you are and he loves you. But did you kind of make an implied promise to continue losing weight for the nine months leading up to the wedding? Was that the person your husband thought he was marrying? And now that you are married you are sort of changing into a different person. You are changing the promise you spoke of so often, and loudly, for the last nine months.

If your husband took up drinking tonight, starting going to bars and quit his job, would he then be a different person than you thought he was before you married him? Would you like the new and changed husband? Humm, just wondering....

Women so often speak of wanting men to love them for who they are, but how can we if you keep changing into other people.

In addition, this now gives your husband one freebie on taking back a promise he made during the last nine months simply because he no longer feels like following through.