View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 06:32

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Y'know, this has been nagging at my brain for a while now also....

I gained weight from bad eating habits. Popcorn or ice cream as a routine bedtime snack. A candy bar (or two) from the vending machines every day at work. Biiiiigggg bowls of pasta (I'm Italian). Cookies... well, you get the idea.

I remember from my childhood that those items would be treats from time to time. Not every day.

Dr. Atkins had the idea to get away from the bad eating habits we, as a nation, have developed, and relearn the healthy eating habits of our ancestors. Treats are for special occasions only, not as an everyday routine.

So what do you see in the LC section of stores???? JUNK FOOD. Low carb junk food, but junk food nonetheless.

So, instead of breaking our bad eating habits and learning the healthy way to eat, we continue with the eating habits that got us overweight in the first place.

That idea bothers me.

Other than the Advantage bars (the meal replacement ones, not the candy bars) I tend to stay away from all the low carb products. I'd rather make my own low carb alternates.

I envision folks who are maintaining their bad eating habits with low carb varieties will continue to have a difficult time with weight.

just my thoughts

Joan