View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 00:55

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 230/211/185 Male 6'3
BF:~19%
Progress: 42%
Default Update and some questions

I posted a little while ago about feeling bad while on Atkins and I got some good info from several members. However, after eating more veggies, drinking more water, and taking my vitamins and more calories total I was still feeling really bad. I made the decision after being on LC for 6 weeks and being down 25 pounds that I wanted to go off and give my body a chance to relax.

After being off of the LC lifestyle for only three days I feel great, have no stomach problems or head ache, and have returned to a normal bathroom cycle. I also think that I miss LC and the weight I was losing as a result of it. I want to go back on LC but I need help to do it better this time so as not to encounter this same problem that I ran in to last time.

Here's info about me:

Height: 6'3"
Weight: Currently 211 with carb/water weight, without: 206

The other thing I want to make very clear is that I am not an Atkins for life person. I have for several years been very involved in lifting weights and working out and there is not way to remain a heavy lifter without eating carbohydrates (please don't tell me I can unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.) In addition to my fitness lifestyle I also am very strict about what I eat. I try and avoid all white flour and sugar and eat moderate a moderate amount of carbs coming only from healthy natural sources.

That being said, I would love some advice on what people might think was causing my horrible upset stomach and/or how I can prevent the bloated gassy feeling I had for almost a WEEK straight. The best way I can describe it would be a horrible upset stomach and pressure build up made worse by taking fiber supplements and not really being able to go to the bathroom for almost 2-3 days at a time. Really a bad feeling let me tell you.

I plan to go back this coming weekend or the Monday following it and would really like to keep this from happening again. Thanks so much for your help.
Sponsored Links