#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-01, 10:48
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi all,

I found this soy-based lowcarb protein shake mix at Loblaws Superstore - it's made by nu-life. $29.99 for a canister, yielding 32 servings. Comes in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. It also contains thermogenic factors, mostly bitter orange, green tea extract, guarana and kola nut, among others.

The total amount of protein (12g) and carbs (1g) per serving is about half that of other hi-protein shakes, such as Interactive or DynaWhey. Do the math, and they work out to be pretty much the same cost per gram of protein.

The listed thermogenic factors total 200mg per serving. Individually, they need to be taken in much larger quantities than this, but supposedly there is some synergistic effect (??) I can't find any info. about it.

It mixed readily with liquid - I was surprised actually, most of the soy mixes are pasty and lumpy and require a blender to get them smooth. The vanilla "isn't bad". The potential exists to jazz up the taste with 0-carb flavourings, as desired. It'll do, since I've been looking for a lowcarb non-whey based protein drink. Many of the other soy drinks are high in carbs - 12 or 14g or more.

Anybody else??

Doreen
Sponsored Links