View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 13:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Carb Smart products, Media reports on Atkins Change are?

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone has tried or knows anything about the Carb Smart products? I walked into my local grocery store on Sunday and was greeted by a whole section of Carb Smart products. There was steak sauce, salad dressing (Wishbone was printed very small on the label), peanut butter (I think said it was made by Skippy),then there was BBQ sauce which I bought and was very good (better than the Cookies regular carb product!) they also had a cheese sauce and some kind of white sauce (I think for pasta, can't remember what it was though). I am always leary about these "low carb" products and wonder if they are truly low carb or if there is some kind of hidden "evil" in these products.
Also, I have always tested ketosis in the morning with the strips. But last week I read on this site that you shouldn't test the first thing in the morning because the body naturally dehydrates during the sleep process and it will give a false reading. They said you should test during the day when you have been ingesting fluids. Which way is correct?
AND... what is up with the media and the reports that Atkins is changing? I saw on two local Minnesota channels last night (with lead-ins before the news) that the "popular" Atkins diet was changing and we will not be eating red meat! I did look on the Atkins Center website and there is an article about this how the media took it upon themselves to "change" our lc plan! Wasn't that nice? ha
ok I am done. Thanks for your help! and for listening. L
Sponsored Links