View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 09:32

Plan: Medical Weight Loss Center
Stats: 238/220/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile

Hi eva123...thanks so much for writing...it helps to know that there "is" hope. Unfortunately it's too late...I've already spent the money and there are no refunds. I will keep going for the weighing and emotional support...it "does" seem to help keep me on track during the tough times to know that I have to actually face a "professional" who will be looking at the scale and writing it down and doing their best to "coach" me thru this process. I have already told them that I am not spending another cent on powders or bars and they've written that down too. And they've given me another "plan" to follow with more protein. Perhaps for me it's achieving the correct balance of proteins and other foods. I have noted that this program is quite low on carbs - not as low as Atkin's but very low. I "do" plan on going back on a modified version of Atkin's when/if I reach my goal since I'm a firm believer now that sugar does not have to be part of my life. Hopefully I'll find a "plan" that works for me personally...this "clinic" deal isn't going to last long...only 21 weeks altogether and after that they will allow me to come in for free weigh in's to help stay on track...This is the most success I've seen in a long while having lost about 8 lbs in two weeks. I never got past 5 on Atkin's so I'm thinking I was eating too many calories each day for my slow metabolism to deal with. Thanks again for your advice and words of wisdom...any and all others are greatly appreciated!