View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 08:12

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

{{{ Kathy }}} you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to see you researching - I've been looking back over my menus from May to August last year - back when I was losing consistently. I'm having trouble getting back on track after the three month disruption due to illness / surgery.

Smoothblu:
Excellent menu !

Char:
Glad to hear you are feeling better on PP. Hope DD had a wonderful birthday and chose a restuarant with some LC choices.

Unity:
So good to see you.

Rob:
Tsk.. tsk re: comment to Elaine.

Keith:
Al-anon is a wonderful place to learn how to love an alcoholic without having your heart ripped out. I'm pretty familar with both AA and al-anon. You aren't the bad guy here any more than a mother who takes her child to receive a painful, but life saving treatment is the bad guy.

Bet you already know this, but a little friendly reminder with some loving support never hurts - refusing to enable an alcoholic to escape the natural consequences of active alcoholism (like losing jobs, sitting in jail, losing housing, etc.) is the kindest and most loving thing you can do for him. Not accepting unacceptable behavior under the guise of being a loving and caring family member is also the kindest and most helpful thing you can do for your brother in the long run.

Having those things happen is what gets people to the point of realizing their drinking is a problem and it is a problem they really must do something about. You and your brother are in my thoughts and my prayers {{{ Keith }}}