View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/236/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi Tasha.

Not a pro here, either. In fact, I just started LC not even two weeks ago (still inductioning... is that a word?).

But I wanted to share with you a realization I had when I was thinking about why, no matter what "plan" I do, I seem to get to a certain point in the loss - I can almost pin it to a specific number - and then I start drifting.

What happens for me is this: If I am left to my own devices, I slowly gain weight. Eventually I get to a certain point where I am just completely disgusted with myself. I start a plan, and begin to lose and get more healthy. Eventually I get to a point where I don't feel quite so bad about myself. I might even not really feel "obese" anymore, but just what I sort of call "functionally fat." Once I get to that point of self-acceptance again, the plan slowly drifts off to sea, I stop eating heathfully (or on plan, or whatever), and eventually I start gaining again.

So here is the trick: find someone to make you feel cruddy about yourself. LOL Just kidding. But really, for me, I am already extremely aware of the need to watch myself mentally when I get to that point. Not settle for fat instead of obese, chubby instead of fat, pudgy instead of chubby. Nah... I'm going for hot-damn!

-Bleue