View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 14:37

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have been able to stay on track for over a year now but not without a little cheat here and there. The longer I go and the more food I discover, the easier the diet gets. It not only gets easier but it is becoming very enjoyable. I lost 26 lbs last year and have about 11 or 12 lbs to go. I leave the low carb bars and shakes alone. Nothing can replace a meal like a meal. Everyday I stay concious of low carb. I think about it when I wake up and I think about it when I go to sleep. Even when I "cheat", I have a small portion to keep me satisfied without losing control. In the beginning I planned my cheats by eating fewer carbs during the day and eating a cookie in the evening. Cheats are periodical and I don't consider them as rewards. LC is its own reward. If you cannot stay in control after a cheat, then don't cheat at all.

Another thing that keeps me on track are the people watching me. I have had people ask about the diet who have actually began watching their carbs without actually doing Atkins. I am becoming a mentor so I have to watch myself.

Black57